Friday, May 22, 2015

The Blog is Back!

So it's time to start this blog back up again. We're on route to the motherland again but this time it's just for fun to visit family and I don't have to worry about collecting data for my thesis. My sister and I are going to take turns keeping this blog updated so if you're interested feel free to check out what we're doing in India. I'm going to be away for 4 weeks while my mother and sister are sticking around for an extra two weeks and boy is our schedule filled until the day that I leave. 

The first leg of our trip was from Pittsburgh to Boston and I'm currently sitting in the airport in Boston waiting for our direct flight to Dubai. While the flight is going to be long (13 hours) I'm glad that we don't have any layovers and we're going to spend a few days exploring Dubai. 

My mom always complains that my sister never takes a selfie with her so she was excited to be a part of this picture. #selfieswithamma

One of my dad's friends from college lives in Dubai and has set up some fun adventures for us. On the docket for right now is going to the Burj Khalifa, a desert tour of Sharjah, and some other stuff that I have no clue about. What's even more exciting is that I'm going to be able to meet up with my friend and her husband who currently live in Riyadh but are in Dubai this weekend! 

After Dubai we are headed to Sulur, a little town near the city of Coimbatore in the state of Tamil Nadu in India. We'll make a quick 2 hour layover in Madras on our way from Dubai. 

My grandma knows that my mom, sister, and I are coming to India but she thinks we're coming on June 1st but we're actually going to be get there a few days earlier and surprise her.


Until next time! 

~Aish




No comments:

Post a Comment