Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 20th: Mehendi Time

Gauri working on our mehendi
Our last few days have been very laid back. I think we are both afraid of getting sick before having to get on a plane. However since we were sick, my grandfather, aunt and cousin all came for a visit early in the morning. It was nice to see them one last time before we left and this time they brought me Indian peanut candy. I was a little bummed because usually my grandfather always has peanut candy for me to take back but he didn't have any when we went to visit this time. Instead there was a big bag of peanuts that they had grown on the farm for my dad. I told my dad that my grandfather was so occupied making sure that his son got his peanuts that he forgot about getting his granddaughter her peanut candy and my dad told my grandfather so they made sure that they brought some with them. Little kiddish I know but I love peanut candy or kaadalai mittai as we call it. They stayed for breakfast and left a little before noon.
After they left we spent some time packing our suitcases to see if we had any room left to get some grocery items for my mother. Packing is one thing that I do not enjoy. Especially because we each only had one suitcase that we could take back with us. Normally we have two huge suitcases apiece but United Airlines only allows for one :(. Either way we were fine weight-wise. Didn't buy too many clothes this time around so we aren't scrambling in the end trying to fit everything in.

My sister and I really wanted to have mehendi done while we were in India so my aunt had asked someone that she knew to stop by our house. The girl was probably 20 years old but she spent around 2.5 hours at our house on our designs and they turned out pretty well.


One hand is finished

The back of my hands

The front of my hands

1 comment: