Sunday, June 3, 2012

June 1st: Need air conditioning

          Dr. Jain was in charge of administering the MD Pediatrics Exams on Friday and Saturday so there wasn't a lot for us to do. Pretty much the entire department was consumed with getting everything ready for the examinations. It was kind of sad because the entire ward was cleaned solely because of the examination. The cots were given sheets and the ward was sweeped so everything would look presentable. I'm sure it won't take much before everything is back to being as dirty as it was before. In the beginning Akshaya and I were just going to stay home and I was going to catch up on some work because I really didn't want to be sitting around a stuffy hospital with nothing to do, however, in the morning Dr. Jain saw that I was up and ready and told me to come along with her. I couldn't really say no so I ended up at the hospital all day. I went to the ANC clinic in the morning with Sanjeewani but it was a pretty slow day so there weren't many people that needed to be counseled and tested. We spent the rest of the day hanging out in random rooms in the hospital/medical college because there wasn't much to observe or do. I would have loved to be sitting in an air-conditioned room but nope. We were stuck in rooms in the hospital where you were lucky to get a little bit of the breeze coming from the ceiling fans.

        We had a good time at dinner though. Ammarapalli and her husband took us to this nice place called Ganesh Sagar. They had amazing food and we were stuffed at the end of the meal. I will never get used to the meal schedule here in India. Breakfast at 9/10am, lunch at 1/2pm and then dinner at 9/10pm. I want to be in bed by that time, not eating dinner.

Masala Pappad at dinner :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment