Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 17th: Family Visits and Being Sick Continued


So we both started the day on Sunday feeling pretty good and we were excited because we were having family come visit. Our cousin and his wife from Bangalore were visiting us and my aunt was bringing her two kids and it's always a blast with the two little ones. However I think both my sister and I started to feel sick around lunch time. Our diet pretty much has been bread and plain rice for the past three days. It hasn't really been helping much for me at least. Anyway, we spent a good 3-4 hours playing this game called International Business that Dhyanesh had brought with him. It's basically the Indian version of monopoly. It was actually a ton of fun because Dhyanesh's mom (Baby Athai) was super into it and our minds were distracted for a little while. We stuck the little one with my laptop in another room to watch a movie because she wanted one of us to come outside an play in the park with her but no one wanted to go out in the hot weather. In the middle of our game, Suresh anna and Nirmala stopped by for a bit to see us. This was the first time that my grandmother was seeing them as well since she was unable to make it to their wedding in April. They could only stay for a little bit because Anna had to head back to Bangalore in the evening but it was still nice to see them. Jarshini, Dhyanesh and my aunt stayed for dinner and didn't leave till later in the evening. We spent some time Skyping with my parents until the car arrived to take them home. Neither of them wanted to leave but they had school the next day so they didn't have a choice. Once they left both my sister and I just crashed. We had been distracted by visitors but once no one was in the house we had nothing to think about except how crappy and sick we both were feeling. I think this was the third straight night that we had skipped dinner because we weren't feeling well and my grandma couldn't figure out what to do because she kept having so much food going to waste. 
With Jarshini (she's got a hole in her mouth :-P)

With Dhyanesh
Nirmala and Anna with my grandmother


No comments:

Post a Comment