Friday, June 3, 2011

KFC and Shopping Part 6- June 2nd


There hasn't been much excitement since coming back from Gujarat so my aunt, cousin and I went into town today for a little bit of shopping. Anatalia had asked me to pick up a small piece of silver jewelry. People also asked me about getting them scarves but for some reason I haven't been able to find them here. I know they have them in Bombay but I'll keep looking until I leave. I think I have the name wrong for what they are called here. I went back to the store that I had bought all those earrings from before (first shopping trip) to get more earrings. The earrings I bought would easily sell for $10 back in the US but here it's soooo much cheaper and I like to wear jewelry that matches my clothes. 


 
 One of the pair of earrings I got and the hair clips on the side (loved the colors)

Silver chain/pendant for Anatalia

       We also stopped in a department store to pick up some elephant statues for Maria.

so pretty...

     After shopping my cousin Raja Bharathi and I managed to convince my aunt to take us to KFC. I was curious to see what a KFC here in India would be like and basically it's a lot cleaner (surprisingly) and there is a spicy option for pretty much everything. 

I was surprised how neat and clean everything was

       We got everything to go and came back to my aunt's house because she had already made lunch for all of us and she wanted us to eat the rice she had spent all morning making. Also my other cousin Siva Shankar was waiting at home and apparently he loves KFC so we brought some back for him as well. Rest of the day was spent lounging around and watching movies at my aunt's house and then coming back and doing the same thing over at my grandmas. I did manage to pack another suitcase :-O and both suitcases are currently underweight which is awesome! 


No comments:

Post a Comment