Monday, June 6, 2011

Return to the Eye Hospital - June 6

                I wasn't really looking forward to going back to the eye hospital today but we got there early (7 am) and we were told to go directly to the clinic and I made sure that we paid for the procedure before going inside so that they couldn't delay it even more. It wasn't too crowded when we got there so we were reasonably quickly compared to last time. They put some drops in my grandma's eye and told her that the doctor wouldn't be in for another hour and that we should go and eat breakfast. But as soon as we got back from eating they took my grandma back for treatment. I wasn't allowed to go back there while the laser treatment was going on but I was smart and brought a book with me so I was set. Thankfully, we were able to finish everything and leave the hospital by 9:30.
            My mom wanted us to pick up a few more things at the grocery store so we stopped by the store again on the way home. I was getting kind of nervous with all the stuff that was left to pack and I hope that everything is good to go tomorrow because right now all of our luggage is exactly at the right weight limit. Hopefully the machine at the airport will knock off a pound or two but that is highly unlikely. I'm taking an extra bag with me so that if suitcases are overweight I can remove a few items and put them in the bag. But as of right now, everything is packed and ready to go for tomorrow.
           My grandma and grandpa from Palani arrived this evening and will leave tomorrow after sending us off I think? It's always fun with my grandma from Palani. She likes to joke around and it's always entertaining talking to her. She also likes to take frequent naps and will basically just lie down and fall asleep wherever she is sitting. Everyone's had dinner and getting ready for bed.
           We'll be Pittsburgh bound in less than 24 hours. Can't believe that we're actually leaving tomorrow. Back to the real world at the end of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment