Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Journey to Valsad, Gujarat - May 14th


Why did I think booking a 7am flight was a good idea? I couldn't get a direct flight to Bombay that was in the early morning so I had to fly from Coimbatore to Chennai and then from Chennai to Bombay. And then from Bombay my uncle had arranged for a driver to take me to the hotel in Valsad which took about 4.5 hours. Not a very scenic route either. Lots of trucks and cars and that was about it. Cool part of the journey was that I got to see Karthi Sivakumar at the Coimbatore airport in the morning. Last time I was flying out of Coimbatore in January I saw Sivakumar and his wife. Hoping I get to see Surya the next time I'm flying out of Coimbatore.

My home for the next two weeks. Not too shabby on the inside. It's the outside of the hotel that's kind of out of place

Dr. Italia just stopped by with his daughter and three other girls that work at the Bloodbank. He told me about the various projects and what the different positions in the bloodbank are. They left after a little while and said that they'd give me a call tomorrow to show me around which is great because I am just about ready to pass out from exhaustion. Do not like getting up at 4:30am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment