Saturday, May 28, 2011

Shopping Part 5, Dinner at Ushma's and the Tadakeshwar Temple - May 27

         Everyone was exhausted from getting back so late the night before. Dr. Italia was going to Gandhinagar to present the NBS program so our morning consisted of putting together reports and data that we could send to Dr. Italia to use for his meeting. Apparently I am a fast typer so I was designated computer person and was responsible for putting together everything that was in the report so it looked presentable. Dr. Italia would call with different requests throughout the morning so everyone was running around all morning gathering all the documents and data necessary. It was helpful for me also because I got to see all the reports from the project and the number of individuals with trait and disease and the breakdown between different groups. 

        The afternoon somewhat dragged because we were all tired and since Dr. Italia wasn't here there wasn't anything more to work on for my project. I have all the information that I need from here and my work will start when I get back to Pittsburgh. But finally when 6pm rolled around, Riddhima, Dhara and I headed to a nearby store to buy some more stuff that I wanted. The things that I purchased today are made in Gujarat and exported everywhere else so it is cheaper to buy them here. 




3 more cotton chaniya cholis for myself and my sister


Dress material to get salwars stitched 

     After shopping we headed to Ushma's house for dinner. We had a dish that looked and tasted a lot like idlis, puris, koorma, mango raas, jeera rice, dhaal fry, and sweets. It was all delicious and it was nice to have another homemade meal. After dinner Ushma took me to the Tadakeshwar (sp?) Temple (Shiva Temple) that her husband goes to everyday. It was a gorgeous temple and the roof is completely open. It was really nice to go at night because it was almost empty and it was nice and peaceful. After praying we sat outside for almost an hour just enjoying the weather and calmness.  

Shivan Temple

Unfortunately we had to leave because I wanted to come back and pack my stuff so that I wouldn't have to do it tomorrow. Can't believe the two weeks here are almost over...


No comments:

Post a Comment