Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Last Working Day at the Hospital - May 9th


I decided to stay at the hospital and go to the outpatient clinic and finish up my pamphlet instead of going in the mobile van today. It was busier than the last OP clinic. I think they saw somewhere around 160 patients which is remarkable. I left mid-morning to sit in the office to finish working on the pamphlet. After lunch Dr. Nandakumar and I went through everything and made all the necessary changes so that things were as simple as possible. Things were pretty much the same today as they were at the last OP clinic last Thursday. A lot of patients and not a ton of time. Dr. Nandakumar asked me to continue working with him when I return to the States and I definitely plan to help as much as I can. It was really refreshing to see a place where the patients matter more than the money they can pay. Everyone in the hospital was fantastic and very helpful. Especially when we went into the village to do the blood tests and the checkups. The nurses were very good at explaining things and telling me what we were doing and why. To end the day, Alice stopped by to see if I was interested in getting a mango shake and who am I to turn down a mango shake. It was Dan's last day so we all met up at Lulu's Bakery to grab a mango shake and then proceeded to go to different people's places so Dan could say bye to everyone. We ended the night at the hostel eating the chappatis and channa sambar that was made for us.

 
The great mango shakes at Lulu's Bakery


No comments:

Post a Comment