Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Start of Family Visiting - Dindigul (திண்டுக்கல்) May 30

        Since I am now officially done with the Indian portion of my project I now have to try to see as much of my family as possible. My one uncle in Dindigul came to pick me and my grandma up from house mid-morning with his two kids to take us back to his home. I get really confused at how I am supposed to address all my relatives so trying to explain it to others makes it even more confusing but I think you'll be able to follow along for the most part. He brought his two kids with him, Rithani (the older one) and Kavin Raj (the younger one that is also a huge trouble maker). He had already told me while I was in Pittsburgh that I better bring him a remote controlled helicopter for him otherwise he'd hit me and kick me when he saw me and I was a little apprehensive because he can pack quite a punch for being so little. Plus I didn't exactly get him a remote controlled helicopter since they were so big and expensive and he tends to break things as soon as he gets them but he seemed happy with the regular helicopter I got him which was a relief.

      We left about a half hour after they arrived, making a brief stop for ice cream.


 

They were both very happy with the Strawberry Jelly Kick Ice Pops


       The car ride was anything but peaceful because I had both kids climbing all over me, especially Kavin, for the two and a half hours of the trip. He just wouldn't sit still and kept climbing over me, on me, kicking my grandmother in the head while moving around, kicking his sister in the head which would then start a fight and omg I was so happy to be out of that car at the end of the trip. Once we got to my uncle's house we had lunch and then just chilled until around 7 when we went shopping for school supplies for the little ones. Rithani starts school on the 3rd and Kavin starts on the 6th and they both wanted bags and other stuff. However, before we got into the store we had to stop and get sweet corn from a vendor and spent a good half hour in front of the store eating corn.


 
They both ended up eating 3 cups of sweet corn which was kind of ridiculous


     But finally we got into the store and managed to get everything that they wanted. I also ended up buying Kavin a wallet (don't know what a 7 yr old needs a leather wallet for) but he wanted one because I gave his sister a purse as a gift. By the time we got back we were all exhausted but I had promised to put some mehndi on Rithani's hands so we were up until 11:30 putting mehndi on and waiting for it to dry so we could go to bed. Needless to say it was a long and exhausting day. I feel so old because my body hurts from all the places that Kavin stepped on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment